Leadership Program Coordinator
JOB TITLE: Leadership Program Coordinator
EMPLOYER: Catalyst Miami, Inc.
DEPARTMENT: Policy & Engagement
REPORTS TO: Leadership Program Manager
SALARY RANGE: $40,000-47,000
Catalyst Miami’s free grassroots leadership training programs, which include CLEAR (Community Leadership on the Environment, Advocacy, and Resilience) and HEAL (Housing, Equity, Advocacy, and Leadership) provide participants with leadership and advocacy tools, mini-grants for community projects, as well as opportunities to advocate for equitable and progressive policy. As a result of this work, we are building a critical mass of neighborhood leaders that can forge a more just, healthy, and resilient Miami-Dade County’s--particularly for our historically underserved, low-wealth communities.
The Grassroots Leadership Program Coordinator will assist with implementing our CLEAR and HEAL programs, along with our new leadership programming on health and political candidacy, throughout Miami-Dade County. We are seeking a compassionate, culturally-competent team-player with a deep passion for community education. Our ideal candidate will also have great organizational skills, and experience managing logistics for complex projects. Through this opportunity, you will further develop your leadership, networking, organizational, and logistical skills. You will also gain in-depth understanding of climate change, affordable housing, civic engagement and other key community issues at a local, grassroots level.
SUMMARY: Support implementation of leadership programs and alumni engagement activities; coordinate logistics, food, space, travel, materials for program-related events.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assists with participant recruitment and retention, including conducting outreach to potential participants and speaking at community events.
- Maintains regular communication with program participants and alumni.
- Tracks, records, and organizes participant information and materials related to participant data, attendance, and evaluation/outcomes.
- Assists program participants with community project process.
- Ensures program-related collaterals are up to date.
- Coordinates events such as facilitator training, retreats, meetings and graduation ceremonies.
- Performs other related duties as assigned by management.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Strong communication and people skills - significant experience working with diverse communities and exhibiting cultural competency
- Passion for addressing racial and social justice issues impacting local communities
- Excellent organization skills - organized and detailed, ability to manage multiple projects independently and simultaneously
- Interest in and experience with community engagement, outreach, education, leadership-building, and/or organizing
- Passion for and/or a baseline knowledge of climate change, affordable housing, public health and/or civic engagement
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to work collaboratively as part of a team, as well as being a self-starter who can work independently
- Familiarity with common software programs such as Microsoft Word, Excel, Powerpoint, and Google Drive
- Must be able to maintain clear, timely and accurate records for project monitoring
- Strong skills in descriptive statistics and qualitative and quantitative data analysis
- Excellent writing skills and the ability to write for a variety of media, such as blog posts and fact sheets
- Strong innovative and creative thinking
- This position does not directly supervise employees.
- Language: Professional working proficiency in oral and written English. Professional working proficiency in oral and written Spanish or Haitian Creole.
- Education: Associate’s Degree
- Years of experience: 1-3, Entry-Level
- Computer skills: Microsoft Office Suite, Google Suite, and working knowledge of web-based platforms
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT:
- Able to sit at desk for long periods of time and utilize computer for extended periods
- Must be able to work flexible hours, including evenings, to accommodate project needs
- Must have access to reliable transportation
- Ability to lift weights of up to 25 pounds
- Stretch and bend to organize and distribute materials for Catalyst Miami activities
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The above describes the general content of and requirements for the performance of this job. It is not an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities or physical requirements. Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
- Customer service orientation
- Promotes products and services
- Inspires & motivates
- Leadership (self)
- Team player
- Develops talent (self)
- Articulate vision and understands the big picture
- Stable and calming influence
- Emotional intelligence
- Leads by example
- Open to feedback
- Effective interpersonal communicator
- Asset focused (as opposed to charity focused)
- Active listener
- Step out of comfort zone
- Management (self)
- Learning agility, comfortable with uncertainty, adaptable to sudden change
- Goal oriented, prioritization and time management
- Analytical/critical thinker, problem solver and resourceful
- Continuous improver-persistent
- Move projects forward simultaneously
- Tolerate and effectively manage stress
Please send an email to [email protected] with your resume, cover letter, and short response to this question: "What is the root cause of poverty?"