Catalyst Miami offers free tax preparation services for households earning $57,000 or less annually. We help clients file taxes and other tax-related needs.
People who prepare their own tax returns are among the fastest-growing segments of taxpayers. The MyFreeTaxes tax software makes it easier than ever for people to prepare their own tax returns.
To make an appointment
- Call our office at 786-527-2580.
- Leave a message with your name, phone number, and availability so someone can call you back to schedule an appointment.
- Please keep in mind that we are very busy during tax season, but we are monitoring calls daily.
What to bring to your appointment
- Photo ID for taxpayer and spouse (if applicable)
- Social Security cards or ITIN letter for taxpayer, spouse, and all dependents
- Identity Theft Protection Pin (if provided by the IRS)
- Proof of income (W2, 1099-MISC, 1099R, SSA-1099, etc.)
- Information for credits & deductions (mortgage, tuition, investments, interest, etc.)
- Small business documents and expenses (if applicable)
- Tax ID number or Social Security number of daycare provider and amount paid (if applicable)
- Personal check with account/routing numbers for direct deposit of refund
- Copy of your previous tax return
To check the status of your refund after you have filed your taxes, please click here.
Internal Revenue Service (IRS): 800-829-1040
Callers who are hearing-impaired: TTY/TDD 800-829-4059
Sign up to become a tax volunteer!
- With your help, community members can avoid expensive tax preparation fees and improve their financial futures.
- You will learn accounting skills and receive specialized tax prep training from an IRS-certified volunteer, all which you can add to your resume!
- You will become recognized by the United States Internal Revenue Service (IRS).
- Volunteers are protected. You will not be accountable for errors as long as you are preparing within your certification level.