Audubon Society Petitions Against Filling Biscayne Bay for MLS Soccer Stadium
The Audubon Society recommend the following steps six action steps be taken today to prevent filling in the Biscayne Bay slip for use as a soccer stadium.
Mayor Gimenez recently offered David Beckham the FEC boat slip on Biscayne Bay as an Alternative Site for his proposed soccer stadium. This site is now preferred site for the MLS Soccer Stadium.
Having soccer is great for Miami, however we shouldn't have to fill the bay to play professional soccer. We need to better protect public land over private interests! Help us preserve the bay for future generations!
There are six simple ways you can help:
1) Sign the Petition to "Stop the Proposed Building of an MLS Soccer Stadium on Biscayne Blvd at Museum Park," directed at County Mayor Gimenez, City Mayor Regalado and District Commissioner Marc Sarnoff. http://www.thepetitionsite.
2) Email and call the Miami City Commissioners
4) Occupy Museum Park on , kayaking, boating, etc by the boat slip.by utilizing it as a public space: enjoying picnicking
5) Sign up for the Biscayne Bay Coalition and amplify the voice of the bay! For more information, please contact Biscayne Bay Coalition Coordinator Susan Shapiro
6) Vote NO on filling the deepwater FEC Boat Slip to build a soccer stadium at the upcoming Elections!
Watch TAS's Executive Director comment on this issue on Channel 7 News . Please read our talking points and our letteron the latest proposed soccer stadium site.
Link to Tropical Audubon Society E-Blast