If you're passionate about helping your neighbors thrive, you're the Community Champion we're looking for!
As a Community Champion, you will work with like-minded people in your community to improve its infrastructure, enhance the health and well-being of its residents, and reduce existing inequalities, all while earning $20/hour.
In the past, our Community Champions team has created and distributed disaster preparedness kits, helped increase participation in the 2020 Census, and raised awareness on housing and climate actions.
What We Do
North Miami Community Champions
Our North Miami team will also have the opportunity to be part of a new community economic development project in your area.
Pay: $20 per hour
Hours: Maximum of 30 hours per month at your leisure
Contact: Have questions or having trouble signing up? Please send an email to Gabriella Alexis at [email protected]
In 2021, Community Champions...
- delivered 180 much-needed PPE kits to teachers and farmworkers throughout the South Dade community.
- met with ith City of Miami Commissioner Jeffrey Watson in regards to reinstating the Overtown Community Oversight Board. He agreed to introduce legislation in favor of reinstatement.
- completed an asset-map training and will begin creating a map of BIPOC-owned businesses, AAPI small businesses, public transportation infrastructure, and historical sites in South Dade.
- met with County Commissioner Keon Hardemon to discuss Overtown priorities and Commissioner Sally Heyman to discuss introducing legislation around phone call fee reform for the Miami-Dade County Corrections Department (which passed!)
- designed and conducted a transit survey for South Dade residents that focused on bus stop design improvements.
- distributed 275 hurricane preparedness kits to community members in North Miami, Overtown, and South Dade.
- and more!