If you're passionate about helping your neighbors thrive, you're the Community Champion we're looking for!
As a Community Champion, you will work with like-minded people in your community to improve its infrastructure, enhance the health and well-being of its residents, and reduce existing inequalities, all while earning $20/hour.
In the past, our Community Champions team has created and distributed disaster preparedness kits, helped increase participation in the 2020 Census, and raised awareness on housing and climate actions.
What We Do
North Miami Community Champions
Our North Miami team will also have the opportunity to be part of a new community economic development project in your area.
Pay: $20 per hour
Hours: Maximum of 30 hours per month at your leisure
Contact: Have questions or having trouble signing up? Please send an email to Gabriella Alexis at [email protected]
In 2022, Community Champions...
- Continued the community-building Overtown Legacy and GirlTrek intiatives.
- Underdeck advocacy: Successfully increased transparency and community participation in Underdeck project development, including renaming the public space to “Overtown Miami Greenway: The Heart of the City.”
- Co-launched the Overtown Parks Group with Urban Health Partnership to identify and elevate issues impacting
- Finalized criteria for investors in the North Miami Community Investment Cooperative (NM-CIC).
- Conducted neighborhood outreach for the NM-CIC, resulting in 94 community investor interest forms submitted to Catalyst Miami.
- Hosted teacher appreciation events and a South Dade Faith Walk, and distributing 150 disaster preparedness kits.
- Launched a local GirlTrek chapter that will continue to run separately from the official South Dade Champions program.