Catalyst Miami offers free tax preparation services for households earning $60,000 or less annually. We help clients file their taxes and navigate other tax-related needs.
New appointments for filing 2022 taxes are no longer available at Catalyst Miami. Please visit miamitaxpros.com or call (305) 688-3551 x2008 to visit another site that is open.
People who prepare their own tax returns are among the fastest-growing segments of taxpayers. The MyFreeTaxes tax software makes it easier than ever for people to prepare their own tax returns.
If you request an appointment, please know that we will respond to you as quickly as possible. If you need immediate assistance with taxes, please click here for a list of other local VITA sites offering free services.
Tax appointments will begin the week of February 6, 2023.
Appointment days and times
- Wednesdays and Thursdays, 12 p.m. - 9 p.m.
- Biweekly Saturdays, 10 a.m. - 2:30 p.m.
To make an appointment
- Sign up by using the form on this page.
A team member will contact you to schedule an appointment!
Please keep in mind that we are very busy during tax season, but we are monitoring requests daily.
What you will need to file your taxes
- Photo ID for taxpayer and spouse (if applicable)
- Social Security cards or ITIN letter for taxpayer, spouse, and all dependents
- Identity Theft Protection Pin (if provided by the IRS)
- Proof of income (W2, 1099-MISC, 1099R, SSA-1099, etc.)
- Information for credits & deductions (mortgage, tuition, investments, interest, etc.)
- Small business documents and expenses (if applicable)
- Tax ID number or Social Security number of daycare provider and amount paid (if applicable)
- Personal check with account/routing numbers for direct deposit of refund
- Copy of your previous tax return
Click here to schedule an appointment!
To check the status of your refund after you have filed your taxes, please click here.
Internal Revenue Service (IRS): 800-829-1040
Callers who are hearing-impaired: TTY/TDD 800-829-4059