Catalyst Miami offers free tax preparation services for households earning $60,000 or less annually. We help clients file their taxes and navigate other tax-related needs.
People who prepare their own tax returns are among the fastest-growing segments of taxpayers. The MyFreeTaxes tax software makes it easier than ever for people to prepare their own tax returns.
If you request an appointment, please know that we are working diligently to serve all clients and we will respond to you as quickly as possible. If you need immediate assistance with taxes, please click here for a list of other local VITA sites offering free services.
Appointment days and times
- Tuesdays & Wednesdays, 12 p.m. - 9 p.m.
- Biweekly Saturdays, 10 a.m. - 2:30 p.m.
To make an appointment
- Sign up by using the form on this page.
A team member will contact you to schedule an appointment!
Please keep in mind that we are very busy during tax season, but we are monitoring requests daily.
What to bring to your appointment
- Photo ID for taxpayer and spouse (if applicable)
- Social Security cards or ITIN letter for taxpayer, spouse, and all dependents
- Identity Theft Protection Pin (if provided by the IRS)
- Proof of income (W2, 1099-MISC, 1099R, SSA-1099, etc.)
- Information for credits & deductions (mortgage, tuition, investments, interest, etc.)
- Small business documents and expenses (if applicable)
- Tax ID number or Social Security number of daycare provider and amount paid (if applicable)
- Personal check with account/routing numbers for direct deposit of refund
- Copy of your previous tax return
To check the status of your refund after you have filed your taxes, please click here.
Internal Revenue Service (IRS): 800-829-1040
Callers who are hearing-impaired: TTY/TDD 800-829-4059