Financial & Health Services
Catalyst Miami has helped thousands of Miami-Dade residents access health coverage and income supports. We also provide financial coaching to groups, households, and individuals. Through partnerships, we help clients with issues related to immigration, education, employment, and housing.
While we focus on our clients’ immediate needs, we also encourage them to get involved in their community and speak up for solutions to bigger problems. As clients step into their leadership, we’re collectively transforming conditions for everyone.
For financial coaching, health insurance enrollment, public benefits enrollment (such as SNAP), or small business assistance, please click the button below to schedule an appointment. You can also call or text our intake line at 786-744-5079. Scroll down to read about our services!
We offer the following free services and programs.
- We work one-on-one with clients to identify financial goals.
- We help clients develop personalized financial plans and better understand the services and options available to them.
Credit-Building & Coaching
- We teach clients how credit is measured and help them develop good credit behaviors.
- We offer zero-to-low interest loan products that are safe alternatives to payday loans. We also help clients open bank accounts, and those without credit history access secured credit cards.
Our Lending Circles programs offer participants a zero-interest, cost-free loan to build credit, learn personal finance, and get the money they need. They repay the loan over time with low monthly payments, and payments are reported to credit bureaus.
- Citizenship Application Fee: Our Lending Circles for Citizenship program helps people pay for the citizenship application fee.
- We provide our clients with free credit reports, which are used for education purposes only.
Health Care Access
We help individuals and families understand their health insurance options and enroll in what they need, including Medicaid and Affordable Care Act (Obamacare) plans. You may be eligible for subsidies, or tax credits, that lower the monthly cost of health insurance!
Special Enrollment Period (all year): After a life-changing event, you have up to 60 days to enroll in a new plan through the Affordable Care Act (Obamacare) Marketplace. You could qualify for a plan if you move, lose your insurance coverage, get married or divorced, have a baby, or have a significant change in income. Learn more at healthcare.gov
- Any time of the year: We can help you enroll in Medicaid or the Children’s Health Insurance Program (CHIP), also known as KidCare. KidCare provides health coverage for Florida children ages 0-18, and Medicaid provides health coverage for eligible low-income adults, the elderly, and persons with disabilities.
- Special Enrollment Period (all year): After a life-changing event, you have up to 60 days to enroll in a new plan through the Affordable Care Act (Obamacare) Marketplace. You could qualify for a plan if you move, lose your insurance coverage, get married or divorced, have a baby, or have a significant change in income. Learn more at healthcare.gov
- We also help people without insurance find low-cost and free care.
- Click here to schedule a FREE appointment with our Certified Application Counselors.
- Click here to find affordable clinics in Miami-Dade, financial assistance, and more.
- You can also contact Covering Florida or any of the partners on this page for help finding health care.
Income Supports (Basic Needs Services)
- We help qualifying individuals and families apply for public benefits programs to support them with their basic needs.
- Some of these programs include: Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP), Temporary Assistance for Needy Families (TANF), and Temporary Cash Assistance (TCA).