Financial & Health Services
Catalyst Miami connects individuals and families to health insurance and income supports (basic needs services), and provides financial services, products, and coaching. Through partnerships, we also help clients navigate issues related to immigration, education, employment, and housing. We bring these services to where residents live and work, improving community members’ general well-being and sharing tools for them to act as advocates in their own lives.
To schedule an appointment, please call 305-576-5001 or send an email to [email protected]
We offer the following free services and programs.
- We work one-on-one with clients to identify financial goals.
- We help clients develop personalized financial plans and better understand the services and options available to them.
Credit-Building & Coaching
- We teach clients how credit is measured and help them develop good credit behaviors.
- We offer zero-to-low interest loan products that are safe alternatives to payday loans. We also help clients open bank accounts, and those without credit history access secured credit cards.
Our Lending Circles programs offer participants a zero-interest, cost-free loan to build credit, learn personal finance, and get the money they need. They repay the loan over time with low monthly payments, and payments are reported to credit bureaus.
- Citizenship Application Fee: Our Lending Circles for Citizenship program helps people pay for the citizenship application fee.
- We provide our clients with free credit reports, which are used for education purposes only.
- Our IRS-certified tax preparers help individuals file their taxes. This includes filing taxes, amendments, and other tax-related needs.
- Visit page
- We help individuals and families understand their health insurance options and enroll in what they need.
- We help clients access KidCare, which provides health coverage for Florida children ages 0-18, and Medicaid, which provides health coverage for eligible low-income adults, the elderly, and persons with disabilities.
- We also help people without insurance find low-cost and charity care.
Income Supports (Basic Needs Services)
- We help qualifying individuals and families apply for public benefits programs to support them with their basic needs.
- Some of these programs include: Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP), Temporary Assistance for Needy Families (TANF), and Temporary Cash Assistance (TCA).
- We guide eligible students and their families through the FAFSA application process and help them with education planning.