In 2022, Community Champions...
- Continued the community-building Overtown Legacy and GirlTrek intiatives.
- Underdeck advocacy: Successfully increased transparency and community participation in Underdeck project development, including renaming the public space to “Overtown Miami Greenway: The Heart of the City.”
- Co-launched the Overtown Parks Group with Urban Health Partnership to identify and elevate issues impacting
- Finalized criteria for investors in the North Miami Community Investment Cooperative (NM-CIC).
- Conducted neighborhood outreach for the NM-CIC, resulting in 94 community investor interest forms submitted to Catalyst Miami.
- Hosted teacher appreciation events and a South Dade Faith Walk, and distributing 150 disaster preparedness kits.
- Launched a local GirlTrek chapter that will continue to run separately from the official South Dade Champions program.