Energy Efficiency & Cost Burden Assistance
Find financial relief programs to help with your utility bills, and ways to make your home more energy efficient.
Weatherization Assistance Program (WAP)
Critical Home Repairs by Rebuilding Together Miami
- Program addresses hazards affecting the safety, health, and/or accessibility of homes owned by low-income homeowners.
- Click here for eligibility criteria and links to applications in English and Spanish.
Community Services Block Grant (CSBG) Program
Inflation Reduction Act - Cost Savings Calculator
- Click here to learn how much money will you get with the Inflation Reduction Act. Also learn about discounts and tax credits for household upgrades.
Low Income Home Energy Assistance Program (LIHEAP)
Emergency Home Energy Assistance for the Elderly Program (EHEAP)
Florida Power and Light (FPL) Care to Share Program
- Utility bill assistance, one time each year, up to $500
- For households in imminent danger of disconnection while unable to make utility bill payments (specifics vary)
- Contact: FPL's government and nonprofit partners
Residential Loan Programs
Crowdfunding Loan Program: KIVA
- Zero down, low-interest loans with flexible terms for home improvements
- For women, veterans, and military families with distressed credit histories and/or no credit scores
- No minimum credit score, no income limits, no minimum asset or home equity required
- Learn more at: Solar and Energy Loan Fund (SELF)