Neighbors to Leaders Fellowship
Do you have an idea for a project that would make your community more resilient?
The Catalyst Miami Neighbors to Leaders Fellowship recognizes that we cannot make the change we need to see in our communities as an individual organization, or through policy alone. We recognize the many neighborhood leaders that feel called to work to improve their communities, often with no financial or technical support.
The Neighbors to Leaders Fellowship provides assistance to such leaders who have gone through our leadership programs such as HEAL and CLEAR. Through this fellowship, participants gain access to financial resources, one-on-one technical support, and professional networks that advance the development of grassroots, community-based initiatives. This program allows our alumni to take the next step as they implement the training and skills they gained in our leadership programs to support their personal growth, strengthen our communities, and create a Miami-Dade in which we all thrive.
To apply: Email Izegbe Onyango
- The fellowship supports and funds our leadership alumni in implementing local projects to improve neighborhood resilience and quality of life.
- Fellows can apply for up to $1,500 of project funds. (Restrictions apply.)
- Fellows receive support and technical assistance to complete projects from the Catalyst Miami project management team.
- Fellowship support lasts up to 12 months.
Note: Fellowship awards are limited; selection criteria will depend on availability of funds, project feasibility, need for the project, and other factors. Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis.
Some examples of fellowship projects are:
- A youth climate summer camp
- Hosting events to organize residents around a particular policy
- Creating a community emergency preparedness plan
- Creating a rain garden to collect storm water and reduce flooding
- Creating and managing a community food garden