Small Business Support
Small businesses are the bedrock of our local economy. During the COVID-19 pandemic, Catalyst Miami was one of three organizations to receive a grant from the City of Miami to support small businesses that had suffered economic losses. We began providing technical assistance to help businesses get back on their feet, and we will continue offering this service beyond the pandemic.
Does your business need support? Contact Catalyst Miami at 786-527-2580
After the business owner contacts us, we will complete a questionnaire to determine initial eligibility for any of the financial relief programs for small businesses, and to determine the areas in which they need help.
Our services include:
- Business counseling, e.g., discussing new business models, new customer segments, marketing strategies and more
- Assistance with applying for federal financial relief programs, e.g., PPP and EIDL, as well as state and local programs
- Assistance with applying for small business loans from banks and other financial institutions
- Assistance with filing business taxes for sole proprietorships and single-member Limited Liability Companies (LLCs)
- Reviewing commercial leases
- Reviewing insurance policies
- Assistance with business entity creation, e.g., C-Corporations, S-Corporations, LLCs, etc.
- Updating occupational licenses or special permits
- Filing annual reports
- Promoting select small business clients on our social media
- Referring to other assistance providers as needed
- Helping interested businesses convert into cooperatives (worker-owned businesses) through our Worker-Owned Enterprises Program