Worker-Owned Enterprises Program
The Worker-Owned Enterprises Program equips participants with the tools to create employee-owned businesses called worker cooperatives. These businesses are owned and democratically run by the people who work there. Through cooperatives, the Program contributes to a new, more resilient economy that works for all by supporting living-wage jobs, creating business ownership opportunities, and developing wealth from the ground up.
Apply for the academy today!
NOTE: After you sign up for the academy using the form on this page, you will be directed to the full application. Please complete the application to enter the program.
About Our Program
First, groups of individuals apply to our academy, which provides comprehensive knowledge about worker cooperatives and the business, management, and financial skills needed to launch one.
March 18-June 3, 2021
Thursdays, 6:00-9:00 p.m.
$15/hour for each session you attend
In the incubator phase, groups can apply to receive deeper help launching a worker-owned business. We provide these early-stage cooperatives with the business, financial, and legal help they need to launch their ventures.
- We are currently seeking groups of individuals who want to launch new worker cooperatives. We are also seeking existing businesses that want to transition to worker ownership. Click here to apply for the incubator.
The Local Ecosystem
Catalyst Miami is collaborating with nonprofit, for-profit, and government partners to build a local cooperative ecosystem that ensures cooperatives succeed.
Why Worker-Owned Businesses?
- Work for a business that you own and manage.
- Give yourself better pay and better benefits.
- Collect a chunk of the company's earnings.
- Build a more just and sustainable future for your community.
- This program is the first of its kind in Florida.
- It is the first in South Florida to advocate for worker cooperatives as a tool for democratic community economic development.
- It helps community members launch sustainable businesses that build generational and community-based wealth.