Catalyzing change starts from within our communities. Join the movement and support us this Give Miami Day!
WHENNovember 17, 2022 at 12:00am - 11:59pm
Or sign up on this page for a reminder to give on November 17th!
We believe people power is the greatest driver of transformative change. When communities have the tools and opportunities to self-determine their futures, and when more residents get involved in the democratic processes that impact their daily lives, we can collectively create more prosperity and resilience. Read more about our work below!
Watch a video shout-out from actor and activist, Don Cheadle:
In 2022, Catalyst Miami’s commitment to our mission has remained strong and unwavering.
Our Community Economic Development work continued and expanded. We provided...
- children's savings accounts for kindergarten students at EVERY Miami-Dade County Public School (171 elementary schools total),
- residents with emergency savings, re-employment support, and access to income supports,
- high-touch financial and health coaching to new and existing clients,
- professional development and job opportunities,
- 187 tax preparation appointments for households earning under $57,000,
- support for local small businesses,
- comprehensive training on worker-owned businesses in our largest cooperative academy to date with over 100 applicants,
- and we continued to build the North Miami Community Investment Cooperative (NM-CIC), a replicable wealth-building initiative in which we're buying a commercial property in North Miami and selling it back to residents of the area.
Our Policy & Advocacy work allowed us to grow our network of grassroots advocates and achieve meaningful policy change with our vast coalition of community members and partners. We...
- pushed for policies that align with community priorities and saw several key wins like our campaign against FPL's anti-solar bill that engaged over 40k people and pressured the Governor to veto,
- organized residents to take part in important civic actions like speaking out at County Budget Hearings,
- centered the lived experiences of our program graduates and clients to change community thinking on the issues that matter,
- trained residents of all ages and backgrounds to become grassroots leaders around climate justice (CLEAR), housing justice (HEAL), and health equity (LIGHT),
- with the help of our Community Champions, increased hyperlocal civic engagement and distributed disaster preparedness kits to hundreds of residents,
- and leveraged the power of media to raise awareness on critical issues.
Our work covers A LOT of ground and it wouldn't all fit on this page. You're welcome to check out our Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, or LinkedIn to catch up on what we've been up to!
Click here to read stories about our clients and program participants.
Click here to read our 2021 Annual Report.