If you believe in catalyzing change that starts from within our communities, we welcome you to join the movement and support us this Give Miami Day!
WHENNovember 18, 2021 at 12:00am - 11:59pm
We believe people power is the greatest driver of transformative change. When communities have the tools and opportunities to self-determine their futures, and when more residents get involved in the democratic processes that impact their daily lives, we can collectively create more prosperity and resilience. Read more about our work below!
Watch a video shout-out from actor and activist, Don Cheadle:
As the Covid-19 pandemic raged on throughout 2021, Catalyst Miami’s commitment to our mission has remained strong and unwavering.
Our Community Economic Development work continued and expanded. We provided...
- residents with cash assistance, re-employment support, and access to income supports,
- high-touch financial and health coaching to new and existing clients,
- professional development and job opportunities,
- tax preparation services for households earning under $57,000,
- children's savings accounts for more kindergarten students in Miami-Dade County Public Schools,
- support for local small businesses,
- comprehensive training on worker-owned businesses and incubated a new cooperative business,
- and we launched the North Miami Community Investment Cooperative (NM-CIC), a replicable wealth-building initiative in which we're buying a commercial property in North Miami and selling it back to residents of the area.
Our Policy & Advocacy work allowed us to grow our network of advocates and achieve meaningful policy change in collaboration with our vast coalition of community members and partners. We...
- pushed for policies that align with community priorities and saw several key wins,
- organized residents to take part in important civic actions,
- trained residents of all ages and backgrounds to become grassroots leaders around climate justice (CLEAR) and housing justice (HEAL), and graduated the first cohort of our new training, Leaders in Grassroots Health Transformation (LIGHT),
- launched the Catalyst Candidate Institute, a nonpartisan training for people who want to run for political office,
- with the help of our Community Champions, increased hyperlocal civic engagement and distributed disaster preparedness kits to hundreds of residents,
- and leveraged the power of media to raise awareness on critical issues.