The Youth program is open to children between the ages of 6 and 13. The curriculum is full of fun and interactive learning opportunities that are flexible for different age groups. Activities are separated by age group (elementary school: ages 6-9; middle school: ages 10-13) and are designed to engage participants at their appropriate learning-level.
Youth participants will learn about:
- What is climate change and how does it happen?
- Natural disasters and emergency preparedness
- Rising seas
- Living "green"
- Environmental and climate justice
- How climate impacts housing and health
- Our power: ways to take action
- Advocacy 101: what they want to advocate for and ways to do it
- Imagining a future Miami
NOTE: Participants must have a parent or guardian in the CLEAR program.