JOB TITLE: Development Manager
EMPLOYER: Catalyst Miami, Inc.
REPORTS TO: CEO
SALARY RANGE: $60,000-70,000
EFFECTIVE DATE: 9/1/2022
SUMMARY: Oversee and support a range of fundraising activities. Manage and build relationships with the organization’s financial supporters, including the Board of Directors.
Catalyst Miami advances racial and economic justice by investing in communities of color as they build the power they need to change unjust economic and political systems from the ground up.
Catalyst Miami focuses on:
- Building wealth in communities that have been excluded from decades of wealth-building
- Shifting systems that lead to inequity in the first place
- Ensuring equitable access to the economy
- Ensuring equitable access to democratic participation
Catalyst Miami’s mission is to identify and collectively solve issues adversely affecting low-wealth communities throughout Miami-Dade County. Our vision is a just and equitable society in which all communities thrive.
At Catalyst Miami, we believe the workings of our government and society’s systems — from affordable housing and municipal budgets, to economic development and healthcare — should be shaped by all the people they are supposed to benefit. To that end, our work centers on increasing community control and ownership; creating both individual and collective paths to prosperity; increasing civic engagement; and enhancing the resilience of our environment and communities.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Set, implement, and achieve development plan and fundraising goals with the CEO and Development Committee of the Board of Directors.
- Lead fundraising appeals and follow-up, donor management and recognition, and communications including message development, appeal design, tracking of donors and list segmentation.
- Identify and research new potential donors, both individual and institutional. Maintain and cultivate relationships with new and existing donors in collaboration with the CEO.
- Under direction of the CEO, build relationships with the Board of Directors and act as liaison to the Development Committee.
- Support CEO with donor cultivation and relationship management.
- Work with the CEO and grant writer to manage proposals, applications, grants, etc. as requested.
- Lead on planning and execution of fundraising events, including Imagine Miami, Give Miami Day, and Coffee/Cocktails with Catalyst.
- Work collaboratively with the Board of Directors, Development Committee, and staff on fundraising activities.
- Track donor data and progress on deliverables for annual reporting.
- Manage online giving opportunities and donor management platform.
- Responsible for creation and maintenance of the development budget.
- Other duties as assigned by the CEO.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Strong communication and people skills - significant experience working with diverse communities and exhibiting cultural humility
- Passion for addressing racial and social justice issues impacting local communities
- Excellent organization skills - organized and detailed, ability to manage multiple projects independently and simultaneously
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to work collaboratively as part of a team, as well as being a self-starter who can work independently
- Must be able to maintain clear, timely and accurate records
- Excellent writing skills and the ability to write for a variety of media, such as blog posts and donor collaterals
- Strong innovative and creative thinking
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: This position does not directly supervise employees at this time.
- Language: Professional working proficiency in oral and written English.
- Education: Bachelor's degree.
- Years of experience: 3-5 years
- Computer skills required: Microsoft Office Suite and working knowledge of web-based platforms. Development/fundraising CRM, email marketing, social media.
- Knowledge of development/fundraising CRM, email marketing, social media.
- Other skills required: Fundraising
- Promotes products and services
- Inspires & motivates
Leadership (self & others)
- Team player and builder
- Develops talent (self and others)
- Articulates vision, understands and commits to big picture
- Stable and calming influence
- Emotional intelligence
- Leads by example
- Open to feedback
- Effective interpersonal communicator
- Asset focused (as opposed to charity focused)
- Active listener
- Step out of comfort zone
Management (self and others)
- Learning agility, comfortable with uncertainty, adaptable to sudden change
- Goal oriented, prioritization and time management
- Analytical / critical thinker, problem solver and resourceful
- Continuous improver-persistent
- Move projects forward simultaneously
- Tolerate and effectively manage stress
- Effective delegation
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIORNMENT:
- Ability to lift up to 25 pounds
- Ability to work in a shared-workspace environment
- Stretch and bend to organize and distribute materials for Catalyst Miami activities
- Able to sit at desk for long periods of time and utilize computer for extended periods
- Must be able to work flexible hours to accommodate organization needs, including evening and weekends. Out of town travel may be required.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The above describes the general content of and requirements for the performance of this job. It is not to an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities or physical requirements. Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
Please click here to apply and prepare an answer to the following question: In your opinion, what is the root cause of poverty?