JOB TITLE: Intake Coordinator
EMPLOYER: Catalyst Miami, Inc.
DEPARTMENT: Programs/Community Economic Development
REPORTS TO: Sr. Director, Community Health and Financial Wellness
EFFECTIVE DATE: 3/1/2021
SUMMARY: The Intake Coordinator will join a team of community-centered service providers striving for social and economic mobility and racial justice to improve lives in Miami’s low-wealth communities. The Coordinator is responsible for leading Catalyst Miami’s intake process for clients seeking health, wealth-building, tax, and small business services. The Coordinator will have significant contact with Catalyst clients, and will ensure clients are able to access services in a timely manner plus connect with other Catalyst programs and community resources.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Manages the intake process for wealth-building, tax, health, and small business services; intake process is primarily conducted virtually and by phone.
- Conducts timely intake interviews to collect client information, identify client needs, refer clients to community resources, and connect clients with internal coaching services and other Catalyst programs, including policy and advocacy opportunities.
- Assist with scheduling client appointments, as needed.
- Establishes rapport with and provides excellent customer service, plus timely follow up, to all current and potential clients.
- Develop and/or maintain a deep understanding of the issues that people of color face in Miami-Dade County’s low-wealth communities.
- Uses an asset-based approach when analyzing clients’ needs.
- Identify, link, and refer clients to social services and other needed community resources.
- As needed, follow up with clients to assess whether needs were met.
- Attend required trainings needed to maintain knowledge of current service trends, relevant public policy issues, and other topics relating to health, tax, finance and small business.
- Timely reporting of all data into required systems.
- Collaborate with other staff to improve intake processes and systems.
- Maintains organized, accurate and up-to-date client records.
- Protects clients’ personal identifying information by adhering to data-security policies.
- Other duties as assigned by management.
- This job does not directly supervise employees.
- Language: Professional working proficiency in oral and written English. Professional working proficiency in oral and written Spanish and/or Haitian Creole.
- Years of experience: 0-5
- Computer skills required: Microsoft Office Suite and comfort learning web-based platforms including Salesforce.
- Other skills required: excellent communication, leadership, receptivity to feedback, collaboration with a multi-disciplinary team, commitment to serving low-wealth communities, comfort working with diverse communities.
- Customer service orientation
- Promotes products and services
- Inspires & motivates
Leadership (self & others)
- Team player and builder
- Develops talent (self and others)
- Articulates vision, understands and commits to big picture
- Stable and calming influence
- Emotional intelligence
- Leads by example
- Open to feedback
- Effective interpersonal communicator
- Asset focused (as opposed to charity focused)
- Active listener
- Step out of comfort zone
Management (self and others)
- Learning agility, comfortable with uncertainty, adaptable to sudden change
- Goal oriented, prioritization and time management
- Analytical / critical thinker, problem solver and resourceful
- Continuous improver-persistent
- Move projects forward simultaneously
- Tolerate and effectively manage stress
- Effective delegation
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIORNMENT:
- Ability to lift up to 25 pounds
- Ability to work in a shared-workspace environment
- Stretch and bend to organize and distribute materials for Catalyst Miami activities
- Able to sit at desk for long periods of time and utilize computer for extended periods
- Must be able to work flexible hours to accommodate organization needs, including evening and weekends. Out of town travel may be required.
Please send an email to Natalie Castellanos, [email protected], with your resume, cover letter, and the answer to the following question: In your opinion, what is the root cause of poverty?