JOB TITLE: Office Manager
EMPLOYER: Catalyst Miami, Inc.
REPORTS TO: Chief Operating Officer
EFFECTIVE DATE: 9/1/2022
SUMMARY: Manages and coordinates office operations and activities.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Manages office operations and procedures in areas of reception, common space, equipment, supplies and inventory.
- Manages office agreement and liability insurance coverage.
- Maintains business and use licenses.
- Maintains certain business accounts, provides PEO and payroll support, handles bank deposits, and corporate credit card transactions.
- Manages IT support, and maintains email accounts.
- Develops and manages central filing system including archives and vendor files.
- Maintains electronic HR files, manages background check process, performs administrative functions in HRM software, coordinates new hire orientations.
- Provides clerical support to CEO and Board.
- Evaluates office business requirements, revise procedures and forms to improve efficiency.
- Assists with general clerical/administrative duties as needed including but not limited to answering phones, filing, preparing correspondence and memoranda, faxing, copying, and mailing.
- Performs other related duties as assigned by management.
This position does not directly supervise employees
- Language: Professional working proficiency in oral and written English. Professional working proficiency in oral Spanish or Haitian Creole.
- Education: Bachelor’s degree (B. A.)
- Years of experience: 5
- Computer skills required: Microsoft Office Suite and working knowledge of web-based platforms.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong organizational, problem-solving, and analytical skills; able to manage priorities and workflow.
- Ability to work independently and as a member of various teams and committees.
- Acute attention to detail.
- Ability to deal effectively with a diversity of individuals at all organizational levels.
- Good judgement with the ability to make timely and sound decisions
- Demonstrated ability to plan and organize projects.
- Versatility, flexibility, and a willingness to work within constantly changing priorities with enthusiasm.
- Promotes products and services
- Inspires & motivates
Leadership (self & others)
- Team player and builder
- Develops talent (self and others)
- Articulates vision, understands and commits to big picture
- Stable and calming influence
- Emotional intelligence
- Leads by example
- Open to feedback
- Effective interpersonal communicator
- Asset focused (as opposed to charity focused)
- Active listener
- Step out of comfort zone
Management (self and others)
- Learning agility, comfortable with uncertainty, adaptable to sudden change
- Goal oriented, prioritization and time management
- Analytical / critical thinker, problem solver and resourceful
- Continuous improver-persistent
- Move projects forward simultaneously
- Tolerate and effectively manage stress
- Effective delegation
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT:
- Ability to lift up to 25 pounds
- Ability to work in a shared-workspace environment
- Stretch and bend to organize and distribute materials for Catalyst Miami activities
- Able to sit at desk for long periods of time and utilize computer for extended periods
- Must be able to work flexible hours to accommodate organization needs, including evening and weekends. Out of town travel may be required.
Please use this link to apply.