Program Director, Community Health and Financial Wellness
JOB TITLE: Program Director, Community Health and Financial Wellness
REPORTS TO: Vice President, Community Economic Development
EFFECTIVE DATE: 9/1/2021
SUMMARY: As part of Catalyst Miami’s mission is to identify and collectively solve issues adversely affecting low-wealth communities throughout Miami-Dade County, the Director of Community Prosperity will help ensure that families’ basic needs are met.
The Director will lead a team of community-centered service providers striving for social and economic mobility and racial justice to improve lives through small business technical assistance and free asset-building programs, including identification, development, execution, marketing and distribution of financial and service-delivery models and products for clients and partners.
Striving for holistic social change, the Director will creatively connect asset-building programs and small business support to wealth-building programs and advocacy efforts within the organization.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Supervise team of health coaches, financial coaches and a small business coach, managing staffing needs against grant deliverables and department goals.
- Responsible for staffing main office and off-site locations to ensure balanced schedule.
- Set realistic program goals for team and ensure reporting benchmarks are met.
- Build partnerships with banking partners, credit unions, and other financial institutions.
- Provide status reporting regarding project milestones, deliverables, and data trends.
- Conduct ongoing analysis of existing programs and services. Based on data, develop and implement new program elements that align with organization’s overall strategy.
- Maintains knowledge of trends and issues identified from the analysis of client data.
- Remain up-to-date on national, state and local policy implications for income, wealth, and economic development, i.e., micro- and small businesses.
- Work with grant writer and senior leadership to draft reports and proposals.
- Represent the Catalyst Miami local and national coalition calls and gatherings.
- Develop and/or maintain a deep understanding of the issues that people of color face in Miami-Dade County’s low-wealth communities.
- Collaborate with other teams across the organization as opportunities arise.
- Other duties as assigned by management.
- Directly supervise four employees.
- Carry out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws.
- Other responsibilities include interviewing, recruiting and training employees; planning, assigning and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- Language: Professional working proficiency in oral and written English. Professional working proficiency in oral and written Spanish and/or Haitian Creole.
- Education: Bachelor’s Degree
- Years of experience: 5
- Computer skills required: Microsoft Office Suite and working knowledge of web-based platforms.
- Experience with social justice organizations preferred.
- Experience developing and implementing community-based programming
- Must have excellent customer service skills
- Supervisory experience required
- Customer service orientation
- Promotes products and services
- Inspires & motivates
- Team player and builder
- Develops talent (self and others)
- Articulates vision, understands and commits to the big picture
- Stable and calming influence
- Emotional intelligence
- Leads by example
- Open to feedback
- Effective interpersonal communicator
- Asset focused (as opposed to charity focused)
- Active listener
- Step out of comfort zone
Management (self and others)
- Learning agility, comfortable with uncertainty, adaptable to sudden change
- Goal oriented, prioritization and time management
- Analytical / critical thinker, problem solver and resourceful
- Continuous improver-persistent
- Move projects forward simultaneously
- Tolerate and effectively manage stress
- Effective delegation
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIORNMENT:
- Ability to lift up to 25 pounds
- Ability to work in a shared-workspace environment
- Stretch and bend to organize and distribute materials for Catalyst Miami activities
- Able to sit at desk for long periods of time and utilize computer for extended periods
- Must be able to work flexible hours to accommodate organization needs, including evening and weekends. Out of town travel may be required.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The above describes the general content of and requirements for the performance of this job. It is not to an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities or physical requirements. Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.