If you've got the passion for helping to improve your community, we'd love to hear from you! Check out our open positions below.
Catalyst Miami is an equal opportunity employer.
Financial Capability Coordinator
JOB TITLE: Financial Capability Coordinator
EMPLOYER: Catalyst Miami, Inc.
REPORTS TO: Financial Capability Director
EFFECTIVE DATE: 7/24/2023
SALARY: $24.03-$25.00/hour (Full-time with competitive benefits.)
SUMMARY: Catalyst Miami’s Financial Capability Coordinator builds power and shared prosperity with frontline communities by improving financial wellness. Coordinators work directly with frontline community members to develop tailored recommendations to help improve their financial position, pursue goals and lead more prosperous lives. The Coordinator will join a multi-lingual, multi-cultural team that works with Miami’s diverse communities including young adults, older adults, adults with disabilities, immigrants and non-English speakers. Financial Capability Coordinators are expected to accurately assess each client’s unique situation and effectively develop personalized plans of action. The Coordinator will also be involved in “prosperity projects” which advance policy solutions to improve the overall wellness of frontline communities in Miami-Dade County. Overall, the Coordinator meets the needs of our frontline communities by supporting them with financial coaching while participating in projects collectively shaping the world we want to live in tomorrow.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: This position is actively evolving and responsibilities may change as services are refined and new partnerships develop. The following are responsibilities assigned to Financial Capability Coordinators depending on details of work assignment:
- Work directly with clients (either one-on-one or in a group setting) via in-person and/or tech-enabled virtual/remote service delivery, to provide high-quality financial coaching through customized guidance including the delivery of personalized financial goals and action plans,
- Exercise professional discretion and excellent judgment when developing financial goals and action plans that include concrete recommendations for debt reduction, credit improvement, money management, tax preparation, use of financial services, asset protection and the pursuit of short- and long-term goals.
- Leverage multiple communication channels – phone, SMS, email - to engage our clients and provide follow-up services,
- Provide ongoing support and continue to actively engage program participants to promote financial health,
- Facilitate financial capability workshops for groups on a variety of financial topics as well as an overview of our services to frontline communities and/or referring partners,
- Document services timely and accurately using Client Relationship Management software and gather session data for program reporting and evaluation,
- Achieve program goals for client impact outcomes and service outputs,
- Participate in regular team meetings and continued skill-building training sessions,
- Collaborate with colleagues to support policy and engagement work, including participating in policy and engagement projects,
- Research and stay up to date financial products, consumer rights, and resources on an ongoing basis
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned by the supervisor.
- This position does not directly supervise employees
- Language: Professional working proficiency in oral and written English. Professional working proficiency in oral and written Spanish or Haitian Creole.
- Education: Associate’s or Bachelor’s Degree
- Certification or license: Accredited Financial Counselor (AFC) or similar financial certification or education is a plus but not required
- Years of experience: 0-3 years of relevant experience
- Computer skills required: Microsoft Office Suite and working knowledge of web-based platforms.
- Comfortable with facilitating group presentations/workshops
- Customer service orientation
- Promotes products and services
- Inspires & motivates
- Team player
- Develops talent (self)
- Articulate vision and understands the big picture
- Stable and calming influence
- Emotional intelligence
- Leads by example
- Open to feedback
- Effective interpersonal communicator
- Asset focused (as opposed to charity focused)
- Active listener
- Step out of comfort zone
- Learning agility, comfortable with uncertainty, adaptable to sudden change
- Goal-oriented, prioritization and time management
- Analytical/critical thinker, problem solver and resourceful
- Continuous improver-persistent
- Move projects forward simultaneously
- Tolerate and effectively manage stress
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT:
- Ability to lift up to 25 pounds
- Ability to work in a shared-workspace environment
- Stretch and bend to organize and distribute materials for Catalyst Miami activities
- Able to sit at desk for long periods of time and utilize computer for extended periods
- Must be able to work flexible hours to accommodate organization needs, including evenings and weekends. Out-of-town travel may be required.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
The above describes the general content of and requirements for the performance of this job. It is not to an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities or physical requirements. Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.