If you've got the passion for helping improve the lives of your community members, we'd love to hear from you! Check out our open positions below.
Catalyst Miami is an equal opportunity employer.
Sr. Director of Community Prosperity
JOB TITLE: Sr. Director of Community Prosperity
EMPLOYER: Catalyst Miami, Inc.
REPORTS TO: Vice President of Community Economic Development
SALARY RANGE: $70,000-$73,000
SUMMARY: Oversee Catalyst Miami’s asset-building programs, including identification, development, execution, marketing and distribution of financial and service-delivery models and products for clients and partners. Connect asset-building programs to wealth-building programs and advocacy efforts within the organization. Connect programs to larger social justice mission of the organization.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Develop and implement strategy for new and existing financial products and services.
- Build partnerships with banking partners, credit unions, software providers, and other financial institutions, including CDAs.
- Oversee staff providing financial products and services, ensuring reporting benchmarks are met and working with the team to improve services and their delivery.
- Managing staffing needs against grant deliverables and department goals.
- Responsible for staffing main office and off-site locations to ensure balanced schedule.
- Work with the Vice President of Community Economic Development to oversee the operational budgets for financial products and services.
- Provide status reporting regarding project milestones, deliverables, and data trends.
- Maintains knowledge of trends and issues identified from the analysis of client data.
- Remain up-to-date on national, state and local policy implications for income, wealth, and economic development.
- Work with senior leadership to connect financial products and services to other wealth-building programs, which include Catalyst’s community ownership programs, and advocacy efforts.
- Implement new financial products and services that tie directly to the social justice aims of the organization.
- Help draft reports and proposals to meet project goals and funding opportunities.
- Contribute to grant proposals, reports, white papers, concept papers and other documents requested by senior leadership.
- Serve as internal and external thought leader on building prosperity and upward mobility as it relates to low-wealth communities.
- Represent the Catalyst Miami local and national coalition calls and gatherings.
- Develop and/or maintain a deep understanding of the issues that people of color face in Miami-Dade County’s low-wealth communities.
- Set up a system whereby staff identifies and refers participants to other Catalyst Miami services.
- Collaborate with other teams across the organization as opportunities arise.
- Other duties as assigned by management.
- Directly supervise five employees.
- Carry out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws.
- Other responsibilities include interviewing, recruiting and training employees; planning, assigning and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- Language: Professional working proficiency in oral and written English. Professional working proficiency in oral and written Spanish and/or Haitian Creole.
- Education: Bachelor’s Degree
- Years of experience: 8
- Computer skills required: Microsoft Office Suite and working knowledge of web-based platforms.
- Experience with social justice organizations preferred.
- Experience strategizing and organizing campaigns that advocate for social justice aims preferred.
- Customer service orientation
- Promotes products and services
- Inspires & motivates
- Team player and builder
- Develops talent (self and others)
- Articulates vision, understands and commits to the big picture
- Stable and calming influence
- Emotional intelligence
- Leads by example
- Open to feedback
- Effective interpersonal communicator
- Asset focused (as opposed to charity focused)
- Active listener
- Step out of comfort zone
Management (self and others)
- Learning agility, comfortable with uncertainty, adaptable to sudden change
- Goal oriented, prioritization and time management
- Analytical / critical thinker, problem solver and resourceful
- Continuous improver-persistent
- Move projects forward simultaneously
- Tolerate and effectively manage stress
- Effective delegation
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIORNMENT:
- Ability to lift up to 25 pounds
- Ability to work in a shared-workspace environment
- Stretch and bend to organize and distribute materials for Catalyst Miami activities
- Able to sit at desk for long periods of time and utilize computer for extended periods
- Must be able to work flexible hours to accommodate organization needs, including evening and weekends. Out of town travel may be required.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The above describes the general content of and requirements for the performance of this job. It is not to an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities or physical requirements. Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.