Health Insurance Enrollment & Advice for Medicaid Beneficiaries
This page contains important information for anyone who either needs health insurance or already has Medicaid (or the Children’s Health Insurance Program, CHIP). Expand the sections below for all the details.
Click here or text 786-744-5079 to schedule a FREE appointment with one of our Certified Application Counselors! All of Catalyst Miami’s services are free.
Do you need health insurance?
We can help you determine which health coverage you qualify for, and what the cost would be. You may be eligible for subsidies, or tax credits, that lower the monthly cost of health insurance!
Health coverage through the Affordable Care Act (also known as Obamacare) is more affordable and accessible than ever before. This year, 4 out of 5 people will be able to find a plan on the Marketplace for $10 or less per month.
Special Enrollment Period (All year): After a life-changing event, you have up to 60 days to enroll in a new plan through the federal Marketplace (Obamacare). You could qualify for a plan if you move, lose your insurance coverage, get married or divorced, have a baby, or have a significant change in income. Learn more at healthcare.gov
- Any time of the year: We can help you enroll in Medicaid or the Children’s Health Insurance Program (CHIP). If you don’t qualify, we can still help you find affordable, quality health care.
Click here to find affordable clinics in Miami-Dade, financial assistance, and more.
Do you currently have Medicaid or CHIP?
As of March 31, 2023, Medicaid rules will change and some people may lose their coverage. Some might be able to keep their coverage but action will be necessary. Don't wait — it only takes a few minutes to update your contact information with DCF and check your personal renewal date online.
Protecting your family’s health care will not endanger your immigration status or ability to legalize (click here to read about the public charge).
Here are some actions you should take now:
- Make sure Florida’s Department of Children and Families (DCF) knows how to reach you with your current contact information — mailing address, cell/text phone, and email.
- Click here to create an online ACCESS account. If you already have one, click here to log in and make sure your information is updated. Check your renewal date.
- Complete your annual renewals (or redeterminations) when notified by DCF.
- Report changes in household members and income to DCF.
- Keep copies of DCF notices.
- Watch your mail. If you get anything from DCF or your health insurance program, open it right away and respond. If you need help figuring out what to do, contact a trusted community agency like Catalyst Miami or Covering Florida.
If you no longer qualify for Medicaid or CHIP, you may be able to enroll in a low- or no-cost health plan through the federal Marketplace (Obamacare). Financial assistance may be available to you. At no cost, our Certified Application Counselors can help you explore your options and enroll in a plan. Click here to schedule an appointment with us today.
Click here to find resources for legal staff, navigators, social service providers, and more. (Courtesy of Florida Health Justice Project)