Every effort should be made to use the safest and lowest-priced transportation available. Reimbursement will be made for the following modes of transportation:
- Commercial airline travel will only be reimbursed for economy class unless approved by CEO.
- Negotiated discount rates for auto rental may be available. You should utilize these arrangements where possible. Additional insurance should not be purchased.
- Personal auto used for business will be reimbursed at the current IRS mileage rate; however, the total amount for mileage must not exceed the economy class airfare for the same trip. The mileage reimbursement rate covers all vehicle expenses including gas, insurance and depreciation.
- Local commuting costs between an employee’s residence and work location are not allowable business expenses. If the employee is required to make a stop before coming to the office or, after leaving the office, the excess mileage beyond your residence and work location is an allowed expense.
- Employees who take an uber, lyft, taxi cab, or any other ride-hailing company will be reimbursed not to exceed the IRS mileage rate of personal automobiles used for business for the same trip.
- Catalyst Miami will not cover expenses incurred for ride share service to a restaurant when a staff is travelling when there is food available at the hotel or nearby within easy and safe walking distance.
You can find more information about this in our Employee Handbook, if you need additional information, please, contact our COO.